Remmina translations in Launchpad and Ubuntu

Hi Vic,

Recently a bug has been fixed in the Remmina Ubuntu package, which has
meant that its translations will now be shipped in Ubuntu.

While investigating the causes of the bug, I've noticed a few things
concerning translations, and I thought I'd share them with you in case
they can be of use, and to also ask you for your help.

Translation permissions
-----------------------

Looking at the upstream project, I see that permissions are set to Open.
From experience with translation communities, I would suggest choosing
either 'Restricted' or 'Structured' permissions, as Open permissions
quite often end up in lesser quality translations.

If you wish, you can change the settings here:

https://translations.launchpad.net/remmina/+configure-translations

Suggested:
- Translation focus: trunk
- Translation group: Launchpad Translators
- Translation permissions policy: Restricted

Translation templates
---------------------

Looking at the upstream project, I can see two translatable templates:

https://translations.launchpad.net/remmina/trunk/+lang/ca
- remmina (220 messages)
- remmina-plugins (75 messages)

When we activated the translations in Ubuntu (i.e. downstream, with
translation sharing with upstream), I can only see 1 template:

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu/precise/+source/remmina

The template has 314 messages. The total count does not correspond to
any of the upstream templates, or to their sum (in case they would have
been merged).

So it seems that Ubuntu has translatable strings that are not
translatable in the upstream project.

Could you help us determine what's happening here? Could it be that the
upstream template is not up to date?

Cheers,
David.

--