Re: Hebrew team members

Hi Haim,

On 2020-05-02 02:46, Haim Lvov wrote:
Hello, I have sent a message to join the Hebrew translation team, but
I noticed that there are only TWO approved members and there is a
long list of pending users, that date back to 2011.
Is it ok? Looks like two members have a monopoly over the approved
strings....

Without knowing more, it's hard for me so say if that's "ok" or not.

The different translators teams form their own rules about how to cooperate about translations of respective language. It's important to keep in mind that the bulk work with translation of Ubuntu does not happen at Launchpad, but at various upstream places like GNOME, Debian, freedesktop.org, Transifex... It's mostly about translating FOSS to the benefit of all Linux distros.

So to be a member of an Ubuntu translators team, you should preferably be aware of what I just mentioned and about the workflow in place for the team.

I'm sending this reply also to Yaron, the owner of the Ubuntu Hebrew Translators team.

P.S: there are some typos in there (to which I submitted a suggestion
of course), that are now in production....

Which means that submitted suggestions are attended to, which is good.

--
Best regards,

Gunnar Hjalmarsson
https://launchpad.net/~gunnarhj