ubuntu-tv team mailing list archive

Re: Addons and performance

On 13/01/12 23:59, Ian Santopietro wrote:
Sure, guess we can have a similar boot up performance, just thinking
in ways of booting it in less than 3 seconds :-)
By default, pressing the power button on the remote puts the box into
sleep mode. Thus, it resumes in seconds, if not instantly.

If it sits for a long while, then it could automatically turn off completely.

That would be great! Having said this, with the right hardware, even standard Ubuntu boots fast: Oneiric boots in less than 10 seconds on my main laptop (probably closer to 5 but I'd have to measure). From my experience, the most significant hardware enabler for a fast boot is an SSD rather than HDD.

Bruno