ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

3/16 Team Meeting Summary

The Florida Team held a meeting on March 16, in the IRC channel.  Our
next meeting is scheduled Sunday, March 30 at 8:00 PM.  Everyone is
invited, and if you have an issue you'd like to discuss, feel free to
add it to the meeting agenda[0].

Below is a summary of the discussion on 3/16:

   1.Hardy Release Parties
       Orlando - Jimmy Harris (pak33m in IRC) is organizing a release
Party in Orlando.  We
       decided to make it a social event only, no installfest.  Jimmy will
       be updating the wiki page [1] with more information, and setting
       up a poll in the forums to get suggested timings.  Jimmy will mail
       the list separately once that forum poll is up.

       Miami - Zachary Brown (zbrown in IRC) is organizing a release
party in Miami, but
       was unable to attend the meeting.  More information can be found
       on the wiki page[1].

       Dan Trevino (dantalizing in IRC) is still following up to find out when
       we can place orders for Hardy CDs.

   2.Document Freedom Day
        Gavin Baker (naufragio in IRC) is organizing a Document
Freedom Day event
        in Orlando.  From the website[2]: "Document Freedom Day will
provide a global
        rallying point for Document Liberation and Open Standards."
More information
        can be found at the Document Freedom Day website[2], and at
http://www.gavinbaker.com/

   3.BarCamp Orlando
        BarCamp Orlando is April 5th & 6th.  Last year a few team
members went and we
        had a great time.  More information and registration details
can be found at the BarCamp Orlando
        website[3].  We decided to have a face-to-face (F2F) get
together after BarCamp
        at a nearby restaurant.  Details are still being worked out,
but as more information
        is available, we'll be posting it to the wiki[4].  Of course,
we'll probably be
        seeing each other around BarCamp too.  Everyone is invited to
the F2F, even if
        you can't make it to BarCamp.

        Mike Feravolo (Mike_Feravolo in IRC) also mentioned that he
has a regular meetup
        scheduled in Orlando, and invites everyone to attend.  Details
can be found at
        his meetup site[5].

   4.Other Items
        Jimmy Harris (pak33m) is going to start a wiki page to track
details about those
        going to Ubuntu Live![6].  Next meeting is scheduled for March 30.

       [0] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/Meetings#agenda
       [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/HardyReleaseParty
       [2] http://documentfreedom.org/
       [3] http://barcamporlando.org/