ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

April 20 Team Meeting Summary

Our standing team meeting was held Sunday, April 20.  Below are a few notes
from our discussion.  Full meeting minutes can be found here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/Minutes/Apr20Formal, and our next
meeting is scheduled for May 4 at 8pm.  See the team wiki page (
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam) for more details.

dan

============================
*Hardy Heron Release Party*
http://chrisrohde.net/2008/04/17/florida-where-herons-belong/

We'll be meeting at 7pm on 4/25 at Fiddler's Green in Winter Park.  This is
a social meeting and celebration, rather than an installfest.  We will not
have 'official' CDs from Ubuntu, so Jimmy and I will be burning a few CDs to
hand out.

*Brevard User Group InstallFest*
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/Projects/BugClubInstallFest

Saturday, 4/26, we'll be helping Chris out with the Brevard User Group
Install Fest.  If you're in the area and want help with your computer, or
can come and help out, see the above link for details.

*Ubuntu Open Week*
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuOpenWeek

Ubuntu Open Week is scheduled 4/28 - 5/3.  This is a great opportunity if
you'd like to become more involved with Ubuntu.  There are tutorials on
packaging, bug reporting, the server team, and a number of other subjects.
All sessions will be held in IRC in the #ubuntu-classroom channel, and the
schedule is available at the above link.

*Cats Gaming Server*
There are more than a few gamers in our group.  Brett has generously agreed
to provide hosting for some games.  He already has a Half-Life 2 Death Match
server running.  Hopefully we'll have some news to report on Florida
fragfests soon.

*Other Upcoming Events
*

   -

   CopyNight <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/CopyNight> Tuesday 4/22 in Orlando
   - http://www.gavinbaker.com/copynight/
   -

   Florida Creatives Monday 4/21 in Orlando -
   http://floridacreatives.com/florida-creatives/event/florida-creatives-happy-hour
   -

   LEAP has an installfest on May 3 -
   http://leap-cf.org/ifest.php3?meeting=next