ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

Ubuntu Marketing - Some Thoughts for Our Local Marketing Sub-Team

Hello,

I like our new mailing list and I seem to be creating a dialog about
ways to promote Ubuntu as a desktop operating system for everyone.

THE SINGLE SELL APPROACH

People don't just have short attention spans, they have no attention
span and they are bombarded with advertising messages all day, everyday
and from every where. So if you stick to one point, whatever that point
is you at least have some chance of reaching them.

I created a Wiki page so that we could make a list of the Good Things
About Ubuntu, that people need to know:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FloridaTeam/Marketing/GoodThingsAboutUbuntu

Then we can create advertising copy that makes these points clear to
people, taken one at a time so it's easy for them to understand the
message.

Messages should fit into the graphical layout some all the ads look the
same at first glance, by reserving space in the ad layout to insert the
different messages.

Thanks

Mike Feravolo