ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

Re: hello ubuntu of florada!!

Hi Youssef,

Youssef Alhindi wrote:
> John Pugh wrote:
>> Hi Schindler,
>>
>> Schindler wrote:
>>
>>> hello i was just entered into the florada team, and i would like you
>>> to know that im already head of the linux team at my local high
>>> school.its not so big and its not recognized by many, but like usual
>>> the school thinks of us as a threat, i really would like to increase
>>> awareness of ubutnu and linux in general around here. iv been using
>>> ubuntu sence the 7.xx release and have got it up and running on many
>>> computers, i was also useing it in school untill i got suspended for
>>> unauthorized software, talk about killing dreams XD, im hopeing that
>>> after i finish high school i can try to get the ubuntu certification.
>>> i was wondering if their is a meeting place for the team.
>>> _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
>>>

>>> Thank You,
>>>                  Youssef Alhindi
>>>                    Head of SLF
>>>

>> Where do you go to school?
>>
>> What is SLF?
>>
>> Who is your english teacher?
>>
>> What unauthorized software caused your suspension?
>>

> ooook, well in order, cypress creek HS (in FL), *SLF* is the *Student
> Linux Factor*, the Linux group in our school, my English teacher? ms.
> macalsky (cant spell it, we call her ms tmac), and the school thought of
> ubuntu linux to be "unauthorized" cuz it has the potential to cause
> havoc, and freedom, is that all?

Very helpful, indeed.

Not to be mean or disrespectful, but your writing is awful. For starters
you live in FLORIDA. It is very important for you to be able to write
proper sentences and spell correctly hence the request for your current
English teachers name. Please use a spell checker and be respectful to
everyone on the list by using proper writing techniques.

Moving on, welcome to the list and please let us know how we can help
you further your cause. Keep an eye on the website for in-person
meetings in and around Orlando. I run a monthly face-to-face meeting in
Tampa and there are other meetings in the central FL area. I think there
is a weekly IRC meeting, too.

Good luck and thanks for supporting Ubuntu.

JP