ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

Re: [ubuntu-florida] you should read this

On Wed, Dec 10, 2008 at 9:07 AM, Neo Taoist Techno Pagan <
neotaoisttechnopagan@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> dan wrote:
> > We have a long way to go in educating the average person out there
> > about the features and benefits of Linux, but this is almost
> unfathomable:
> >

> http://linuxlock.blogspot.com/2008/12/linux-stop-holding-our-kids-back.html
> >
> > Dan
> >

> Just found it today through lxer.com - someone posted a reply that some
> students in an Orlando, FL school were suspended because someone at
> their school took the hardline stance and said that no software is free
> and that it must have been pirated.
>
> Has anyone on the list heard about this?
>
> NTTP
>
> --

I hadn't heard about that.  That'd be really disturbing.  Maybe we need to
start talking at PTA meetings.  Do they allow you to do that?  I dont know
how those things are structured.

Dan