ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

Simple email encryption with FireGPG, RC1

Introducing Rough Draft, what will in time become known as *Simple email
encryption with FireGPG*. Rough Draft is known to be reasonably free of show
stopping typos, such as spelling and grammatical errors. However, Rough
Draft is a very early set of documents, so it is not encouraged for mass
distribution to encryption n00bs.

Download Rough Draft at http://drop.io/fsoxdeq

The main file is encryption_guide.odt, which contains the guide with all
it's fancy formatting. firegpg_pics.zip contains both the screenshots used
in the guide, and the unedited versions. Finally, encryption_guide.pdf is a
demonstration of what all of this will look like when printed.

Here is what I'm looking for:

   - I'm known to miss spelling errors and typos from time-to-time, so feel
   free to fix any that you find.
   - If you find any grammatical errors, please fix those too.
   - If you know how to word something in a way that is clearer and easier
   to understand, feel free to swap wording.
   - Do you think I'm missing anything? If so, please let me know.
   - Currently the guide is somewhat sparse on helpful links. If you can
   think of good links, please add them.
   - Last but not least: The N00b Test. If you have friends or family who
   are not familiar with crypto, and would be willing to subject them to this
   guide for the sake of science, please do so. Any input they can give would
   be very helpful.

I've turned on change tracking on the ODT file, so if you make any changes
and save them, just email the modified file to me, and I should be able to
easily merge them. Thanks in advance for your help, and let me know if you
have any questions.

--
Douglass Clem
crashsystems.net

READ CAREFULLY. By reading this email, you agree, on behalf of your
employer, to release me from all obligations and waivers arising from
any and all NON-NEGOTIATED  agreements, licenses, terms-of-service,
shrinkwrap, clickwrap, browsewrap, confidentiality, non-disclosure,
non-compete and acceptable use policies ("BOGUS AGREEMENTS") that I have
entered into with your employer, its partners, licensors, agents and
assigns, in perpetuity, without prejudice to my ongoing rights and
privileges. You further represent that you have the authority to release
me from any BOGUS AGREEMENTS on behalf of your employer.