ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

The Art Of Community Link

Team,

I received the following from Jono Bacon and wanted to share it with all
of you:

Thanks for your request for a free copy of The Art of Community Book. I
am pleased to say your request has been approved and you should get a
copy of sent to you over the next few weeks. You can also download the
full book at:

http://www.artofcommunityonline.org/downloads/jonobacon-theartofcommunity-1ed.pdf

Feel free to share this with other people: it is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution ShareAlike Non-Commercial license. You can
read more about what you can do with this license at
http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

I really hope the book helps to advise and provide ideas and inspiration
to make your LoCo team even more awesome! It is teams like yours that
inspire and motivate the global Ubuntu community and I am passionate to
help you make the most of your group. Keep up the great work!

I would ask one final favour: could you please find a few moments to go
to Amazon and the O'Reily website
(http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596156718/) and review the book. Feel
free to leave the same review on both Amazon and the O'Reilly page.
Positive reviews really help spread the word about the book and
encourage people to read it. If there is no Amazon for your country,
please just leave the review on
http://oreilly.com/catalog/9780596156718/ - Thanks!

     Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager

In turn have a simple request. If you do decide to Download the book
please review the book on-line with Amazon and O'Reilly Books. This will
not only help out readers contemplating the value of The Art of
Community, but will also re-enforce the fact there is a true audience
for similar books, and could potentially help O'Reilly and other
publishers decide on whether or not similar books will be released.

I will receive the Teams copy, but plan on buying a hard copy myself. I
am going to take the hard copy I purchase separately and Donate it to my
local county library system. If any of you feel that you would like to
do something similar, don't forget to buy it directly from O'Reilly's
site (We have a user group association with them, I will send an e-mail
towards the end of this week with details on the details).

I will send a copy of this e-mail to ubuntu-us-fl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, for
those without a launchpad mailing list account. Sorry if you receive a
duplicate.

Thanks for your time!

Chris Crisafulli
Ubuntu Florida Team Lead