ubuntu-us-florida team mailing list archive

Re: [ubuntu-florida] Thanks from the Georgia Team

On Sun, 2009-09-20 at 19:50 -0400, Nick Ali wrote:
> e wanted to say thanks to all the folks who came up from Florida for
> Atlanta Linux Fest and UbuCon.
>
> Some of you were "volunteered" to help set up and clean up after the
> show. We appreciate all the help!
>
> We hope to return the favor at FLS.
>
> nick
>
> --
> http://boredandblogging.com
> http://ubuntupodcast.net

Nick,

Thanks so much for such a wonderful conference. We know that all of the
Volunteers and organizers spent many sleepless nights getting the 2nd
Annual Atlanta Linux Fest off the ground, and it really paid off!!!!
Hopefully next year everything will work out and more of the Florida
Team will get a chance to come up with us and experience ALF (2010)
first hand!

We all look forward to seeing Georgia Teams presence at FLS, and
appreciate all of the hospitality that was provided for us by you and
your team in Atlanta. I am going to copy the launchpad mailing list as
well so they will be able to read this in case we miss someone.

For those of you that haven't seen the Atlanta Linux Fest videos*** let
me set the stage for you....

ALF began and Josh showed this video during the opening Introduction in
the Main Room.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQjrkvxmAd8

It was really cool! Then later in the day in the Ubucon area the
following video was played for the attendees there...

http://digg.com/d314ztU?t

I don't know how all of you feel about the use of digg, but I encourage
to digg this!!! It only takes a second to sign up for a digg account,
but the more excitement we can generate about L____ L___  (hopefully not
all of you already know the name (psst watch the videos ;-))

*** DISCLAIMER: For best results watch videos in order they were
added!!!

Hope all of you enjoy this as much as we did :-)

Chris Crisafulli
itnet7/irc.freenode.net
Florida Team Lead