Ubuntu 9.04 Release Party: May 9

It's been set: the date for our 9.04 release party will be May 9 at Panera
Bread in Easton (just north of Columbus). It will officially start at 5pm
and ends when everyone leaves -- or when Panera kicks us out at 10. :) Even
if you can't stay for long, if you're in the area be sure to drop by.

Map & driving directions:
*http://tinyurl.com/ohioparty*

Take this chance to meet other Ubuntu users, network, and have a good time.
There may be some opportunities to get involved with Ubuntu development and
bug triage.

Why so late? Because we'll have CDs. If you just can't wait for ShipIt to
make a delivery, we will have them available (for free, of course). The LoCo
stack usually includes a bunch of Ubuntu i386 and amd64 editions, as well as
some Kubuntu and Server discs.

If you want, bring a laptop, though don't feel obligated. Bring money for
food at Panera if you desire ($5 covers most items on the menu). And of
course, feel free to bring friends!

If you are far away from Columbus, consider carpooling with others in your
area. If you need a ride but don't know if anyone else is attending, post a
message to this list (be sure to use Reply to All if replying) with your
location to see if anyone else will be going.

Finally, get the word out! Let your friends know that May 9th is the 9.04
Ubuntu release party at Panera. Blog it, dent it, tweet it, let everyone
know. We had somewhere around 30 people at a release party once, let's see
if we can break that record!

Jacob Peddicord
http://jacob.peddicord.net
jpeddicord@xxxxxxxxxx