Re: Wow

My upgrade problem was based on the fact that most Ubuntu users don't
upgrade with the alternate install CD so it's not made easy to do. I had
just downloaded it for 2 hours and then popped it in and got ready to
install and it said 2 hours 45 minutes remaining. The problem was that
it was trying to download all upgrades instead of getting most of them
off the disk (which would have limited it to 45 minutes). I had told it
to use the disk and the Internet but it appears Ubuntu didn't do that.
nVidia on the other hand is due to an incompatibility with the new Xorg
used in Ubuntu as nVidia has not yet implemented it's API into their
proprietary drivers. Here's a forums post on how to do the mod.
http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1026512 It's quite easy for
someone who knows their way around computers like us but for new users,
they'd probably give up.