Ohio LinuxFest 2009

Hey Ohioans,

The time has come: Ohio LinuxFest is September 25 - 26 (mostly the 26th,
unless you're going to the pre-party[1]). Which means we need to get started
on planning. OLF is a huge event, let's make sure we're ready for it!

Last year, OLF had an attendance of about 1.2k people, if I remember right.
The Ubuntu booth was a hit, with CDs, stickers, lanyards, and swag galore.
We somehow managed to have a perfect supply of CDs: by the end of the event,
only 3-4 discs were remaining. Let's try to do just as well if not better
this year.

However, before we can go right to the conference, some things need to be
taken care of:

1) Booth registration. Cost for an NPO booth is $75 this year. We need to
figure out who and how this is being registered (as most of you know, I
cannot myself :P).
2) Booth power: $90 extra as it was last year, I don't know about this year.
Power costs were reimbursed by Canonical; perhaps they are willing to
support us this year in the overall cost. :)
3) Swag! I have some emails to send about this -- I *should* be able to pick
these up myself depending on a few factors. (OSU classes start the week of
OLF and I'll be moving in the week before). If not, we can always arrange
this all shipped to someone else.
  3a) System76 demo units: this went very well last year, hopefully they'll
be willing to help us out again this year.
4) Promotion. Unlike for release parties, this is pretty easy as many people
already know about OLF. But tell your friends, bring your coworkers, drag
your classmates to the event.

I'm going to suggest a meeting for this at the usual time: wednesday at 8pm.
Does that sound okay, or are there conflicts? If there's a problem with the
time, please speak up.

Of course, if you haven't already, REGISTER yourself for the event!
Registration is completely free, unless you opt for one of the higher-up
packages.
http://www.ohiolinux.org/register

Let's make an awesome appearance this year!

[0] http://www.ohiolinux.org/
[1] http://www.ohiolinux.org/schedule.html

--
Jacob Peddicord