need a starting point

We are considering have a small Demofest/InstallFest here in my home
town - there is some interest in doing this, and I have a room with
internet access I can use.
We don't have a date, or any other ideas -
So I am looking for a little advice - I also wondered about giving away
ubuntu 9.04 cds, but shipit will only send me one disc at a time, it
will take a bit to get 50 or so discs.
And while we were going to demo other flavors of linux, Ubuntu and the
various off shoots are where we were going to focus mostly on.
We are attempting to get a group of linux users and more so non-users -
with two goals in mind - get more people turned on to linux, and start a
linux user group here in town.

Any advice you can give - Thanks - LeRoy, KD8BXP
--
This message was sent from Launchpad by the user
LeRoy Miller (https://launchpad.net/~ebaysales)