Re: Cleveland Event: PSA, next event and other stuff.

Hey Justin,

Two things happened: first, the original venue wasn't going to be available (had some internal event happening) and then I wasn't able to find a different one.

So, here's my suggestions for people's who'd like to Jam:

QA testing. More on QA ISO testing here[1]. I suggest giving our new Lubuntu friends a hand here[2] - I'll be hanging out in #ubuntu-us-oh most of Saturday.

Or, if running 11.10 (even with a LiveCD) isn't your thing, you can do Q&A on AskUbuntu!

For getting started, take a look at the crash course the Ask Ubuntu community has put together, and Jorge Castro made some excellent videos that covers the same stuff[3].

Again, I'll be hanging out in #ubuntu-us-oh for most of Saturday, so you can ask questions, link me to things that might need heavy editing, or whatever.

Suggestion for the AU people: Know a lot about a certain topic? Search for keywords related to that topic and have at it! Example: [Apache] or [Unity]. Just pick a tag, look at the unanswered questions and start answering! Once again, I'll be available, and once you get the reputation you can join the chat room on AU (they don't use IRC) and bug the Moderators/me/other users with questions (we're all cool with being bugged about stuff).

So, here's to Jam!

Cheers,
James Gifford
http://jamesrgifford.com