Re: Considering Boston

Stephen - thank you for a great email.
I could not agree more.

I took these courses some time ago - they are free as well - and fairly easy.
Folks understanding the basics of incident command and how that whole side of the world works - is very important.

We operate a Wireless ISP - and I gotta tell you - what we do has helped in many emergencies.
Even our routers are all linux based ;-)

If anyone is interested in learning a bit how they can utilize some very basic utilities to support their local law enforcement and CERT teams using very simple technology - we would love to have you down to our offices to give you an overview

We are located in Washington Court House Ohio - smack dab in the middle of Cincy, Dayton and Columbus - so for many its an easy travel.

When Haiti took a hit - without our skill set even the UN there was stuck trying to establish communications for YEARS
when they saw what we put in place - they wanted our help…

Anyhow - I could not agree more the FEMA courses are well worth taking - especially since they will give you a step up within the local EMA and CERT infrastructure