Meeting Report & Additional Notes

Greetings from Ashtabula.

In conjunction with the nice summation put forward by Scott Randby, I should summarize what happened at the IRC meeting Thursday night.  Minutes are now being kept through the LoCo Portal in a bit of a process that is new.  You can find such here which concurrently provides links to the IRC logs: http://loco.ubuntu.com/meetings/ubuntu-us-ohio/624/detail/

Relative to Ohio Linux Fest, Jon Buckley and Scott Randby have given tentative indications that they are willing to speak during UbuCon.  We have plenty of spots open.  Outlines of what you would like to speak about at UbuCon should be sent to me at skellat@xxxxxxxxxx by July 31st and you may be scheduled to speak.

Due to a lack of meeting attendance two issues were carried over to the mailing list which Scott Randby did in his message.  Discussion needs to take place on those issues.

I will be endeavoring to post a summary to my blog tonight so that it hits Ubuntu Planet.

* * *

IN OTHER NEWS...

* * *

Ubuntu Forums are down.  See: http://ubuntuforums.org/announce.html

As a consequence of that I have removed the reference to our forums presence on the LoCo Portal.  On our Launchpad page the "Forum" line in the header says:

"Forum :: uggc://buvb.hohaghsbehzf.bet/ [ROT13 encoded until current issues are resolved]"

Wikipedia has a nice yet amusing explanation of ROT13 here: http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=ROT13&printable=yes

Stick to the mailing list and the IRC channel for the time being.

* * *

A new episode of The Burning Circle will be released at some point during the 24 hour period known as Monday.  See http://ohio.ubuntu-us.org/burningcircle for more details and back episodes.

Stephen Michael Kellat