Re: Items for discussion

On Jul 20, 2013 6:02 PM, "Scott Randby" <srandby@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> At the Ubuntu Ohio IRC meeting on July 18, it was decided to bring two
> of the agenda items to the mailing list for further discussion.
>
> 1. Should Ubuntu Ohio hold a keysigning event at the Ohio LinuxFest
>    2013?

Definitely, yes! Actually, the last few years, here have been key signing
BoF's too. So we should check and possibly join forces.

>    - If a keysigning event is held, should it be held during the
>      UbuCon on Friday, September 13, or should it be held sometime
>      during Saturday, September 14?

Why not both days? I think last year, they had it before the pre-party on
Friday night. The BoF key signing that is. But I don't see why we shouldn't
coordinate something any/every day some one from the loco will be there.

> 2. Since Saucy Salamander (13.10) will be released on October 17, we
>    will probably not distribute media at the Ohio LinuxFest 2013. What
>    could/should we distribute?
>
>    - Apparently, Ubuntu no longer provides media or swag for
>      distribution by a LoCo.
>
>    - One suggestion was to distribute stickers.
>
> If you have any thoughts or suggestions about these items, please send
> them to this list.
>
> My comments:
>
> I've been looking around for stickers and they are rather expensive,
> even in bulk. Business cards are a lot cheaper. We could have 500 full
> color business cards printed up for under $100 (something I'm willing
> to fund). We could put the Ubuntu Ohio logo on the card along with
> whatever other information we wanted to appear.

I think it was Jacob who designed our last batch of cards. He may still
have the design if you want to reuse it. I still have probably 100-200 of
them left myself. And others who were given a box may still have some. Is
Jacob still on this list? Anyone else still have any of the cards left?

> I'm in favor of a keysigning event. Perhaps Saturday is the better day.
>
> Scott Randby

Why not try for both days? I'll see if I hear anything from the birds of a
feather group from last year. If they do it again, we should just have
everyone go to the same keysigning, but why not have another one at ubucon
as well?

Doug