ACTION REQUIRED: Ohio Linux Fest 2013 Update

Greetings Comrades!

As Leader I am in receipt of a note from the leadership of Ohio Linux
Fest.  Due to an apparently significant financial shortfall on their
part they are no longer able to offer free tables.  There was also a
complication that arose relative to producing UbuCon but I think we have
that taken care of now thanks to one of the presenters being able to
bridge the gap.

For us to have a table at Ohio Linux Fest on Saturday now we need to
hand over $100 to OLF.  Currently we have no treasury to speak of for
Ubuntu Ohio.  We would need to collect money fast and I would need to
get in touch with OLF organizers to get things straightened out.  As to
electricity to operate anything, frankly our best bet would be a car
battery plus an inverter like this:
http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3896267 .  Mind
you, I don't have either of those on-hand in Ashtabula at this time but
we might be able to scrounge those up so that we have "field expedient"
power.

What is the pleasure of the group?  We have three options at this time:

1.  Collect the money and have the Leader contact OLF to make the
necessary arrangements
2.  Not have a table on Saturday at all.  The only organized presence
for the LoCo during OLF at their venue would be UbuCon on Friday.
Alternate venues for a meet-up & key-signing would be entertained under
this option.
3.  Wait for Jono Bacon to come off of vacation by next week and see how
he responds to the same note from OLF that the Leader was sent.  Mr.
Bacon tentatively noted that he would see what aid might be possible
from his angle.

Again, what is the group's pleasure?  Ohio Linux Fest is scheduled for
the 13th and 14th of this month.  I only just got hit with late notice
last night from OLF so I'm bringing this to you only after assessing
today what options we've got.

Stephen Michael Kellat
Point of Contact/Leader, Ubuntu Ohio