ubuntu-us-wisconsin team mailing list archive

Fwd: Announcing the Ubuntu Scopes Showdown 2016!

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: David Callé <david.calle@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: ubuntu-phone <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ubuntu-app-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, community-an
nounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Announcing the Ubuntu Scopes Showdown 2016!
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2016 18:37:49 +0100

Today we announce the launch of our second Ubuntu Scopes Showdown! We are excited to bring you yet
another engaging developer competition, where the Ubuntu app developer community brings innovative
and interesting new experiences for Ubuntu on mobile devices.

Scopes in Javascript and Go were introduced recently and are the hot topic of this competition!

Contestants will have six weeks to build and publish their Unity8 scopes to the store using the
Ubuntu SDK and Scopes API (JavaScript, Go or C++), starting Monday January 18th.

A great number of exciting prizes are up for grabs: a System76 Meerkat computer, BQ E5 Ubuntu
phones, Steam Controllers, Steam Link, Raspberry Pi 2 and convergence packs for Ubuntu phones!

Find out more details on how to enter the competition[1]. Good luck and get developing! We look
forward to seeing your scopes on our Ubuntu homescreens!

[1] https://developer.ubuntu.com/showdown