ubuntu-us-wisconsin team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Fwd: Community team weeks 7-8 update
##SELECTION_END##-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: David Planella <david.planella@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: ubuntu-community-team <ubuntu-community-team@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, ubuntu-phone <ubuntu-phone@lists
Subject: Community team weeks 7-8 update
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2016 19:23:29 +0100
It's been a while since we sent the latest update, so here are the highlights of what the Canonical
Community team with the help from some other folks have been working on the last two weeks.
## Week 7+8
* UOS organisation. Tracks have been solidified and track leads have been lined up. If you are
wanting to propose a session , go for it!
* Google Summer of Code application completed and submitted. If you are interested in mentoring a
project, it’s not too late to propose one !
* Last weeks of the Scope Showdown, deadline on Feb 29th
* UbuCon.org website recovered after cloud outage
* Fairphone 2 port now boots into Unity 8
* Landed code  to automatically generate a reference of snapcraft.
* Snappy representation at Embedded world. Also some time spent ‘Ubuntu Spotting’ - http://imgur.
* Discuss plans for a gamified introduction to snappy & snapcraft. Put together work items for a
content review and fixes in the developer site itself.
* Started work on the Snappy gamification main template
* MWC shout-out on the frontpage
* Refinements to the Apps and Scopes landing pages
* Draft for reorganization of scopes dev resources
* Add inherit plugin to dev site (MP ).
* Add option to avoid advertising imported markdown articles (MP ).
* Use non-deployed code to prepare manual update of snappy and snapcraft docs. Find a number of
small bugs (rewriting of links, filtering of certain HTML tags), fixed some tests (MP which bundles
changes  to land after next deployment).
* New PageHeader tutorial  post
* Jouni Helminen from the Canonical design team posted a blog titled Designing For Convergence
 giving an update on some of the core apps design work which has been going on recently. He also
put a call out for new developers wishing to work on Calendar redesign. We’ve already one sign up to
help, more always welcome.
* Music app developers Andrew & Victor worked with Michał Karnicki and Michael Sheldon to deliver
a prototype build of their app for MWC, demonstrating (Spotify) streaming as a new feature. In
tandem they worked on a converged build of Music to demo on tablets at MWC. We’re going to move
forward with both of these branches shortly to integrate them (and their dependencies) into the
* Clock developers Michal and Bartosz have been working with Nekhelesh on implementing the new UI
refresh and some bug fixes for the app which is nearly ready for passing to QA. We’ll likely hand
that over next week before uploading to the store.
* More click reviewer tools MP reviews.
Ubuntu-community-team mailing list
Modify settings or unsubscribe at: https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-community-team