ubuntu-waterloo-region team mailing list archive

Re: SysAdminDay Venue Selection

Hi Everybodeee! Here are the results of the SysAdminDay Dinner and
Ubuntu Hour Venue Survey. There were three e-mail responses, and two
comments on the blog (who didn't also respond by e-mail), and me.

Ben Thanh: 4 votes, 8 points
Lai Lai: 4 votes, 8 points
McCabe's: 4 votes, 6 points
Pho Dau Bo: 2 votes, 6 points
Rumrunner's: 2 votes, 3 points
Cranky's Pool: 1 vote, 3 points
Kam Yin: 1 vote, 3 points

Oh no! A tie! I'm going to pick Lai Lai, which is centrally located in
Kitchener, rather than Ben Thanh, which is at the south end of Kitchener.

*What* : SysAdminDay Dinner and Ubuntu Hour
*When* : Friday, 25 July 2014 from 6:00pm to 9:00pm
*Where*: Lai Lai Chinese Restaurant, 175 West Ave, Kitchener
*Map*  : http://osm.org/go/ZXnwQXOA--?m=
*LoCo Portal*: http://loco.ubuntu.com/events/ubuntu-ca/2846/detail/

As always, registration at the LoCo Portal is /really/ appreciated,
but entirely optional.

See you all on Friday!

- --Bob.

On 21/07/14 01:00 AM, Bob Jonkman wrote:
> Hi SysAdmins! It's crunch time for selecting a venue for
> SysAdminDay Dinner this Friday.  Here are the venues suggested so
> far:
>
> * Harvest Moon, St. Jacobs (no WiFi) * CrankyOldBugger's pool, St.
> Jacobs * Lai Lai (Chinese Restaurant), Kitchener * Rum Runner Pub,
> Kitchener * Kam Yin (Chinese Restaurant), Waterloo * Pho Dau Bo
> (Vietnamese Restaurant), Kitchener * Ben Thanh (Thai Restaurant),
> Kitchener * McCabe's Pub, Kitchener
>

> I suggest we each make our top three choices, to be emailed to me
> at bjonkman@xxxxxxxxx. First choice gets 3 points, second choice
> gets 2 points, third choice gets one point.  Most points wins.
> Results to be tallied Wednesday morning, when I'll make the
> reservation.
>
> --Bob.

Follow ups