ubuntu-x-swat team mailing list archive

Re: Ubuntu-X-Swat repository

On Sun, Aug 02, 2009 at 11:15:05AM +0200, Martin Pla?ek wrote:
> Hello!
> Thanks for maintaining of this great PPA. I would like to ask you about a
> new version of Intel driver. Are you going to update the version to 2.8.0 in
> this repository? When? Have a nice day! M?rten

Do you mean the x-updates PPA in xorg-edgers for Jaunty?

Just updating to 2.8.0 would not really be sufficient; really you'd want
the 2.6.30 kernel, and updated mesa, libdrm, and xserver.  Backporting
all those pieces (and testing them to be sure they're safe) would be a
bit time consuming, and thus is lower down on my priority list, and I'm
doubtful I'll get to it.  Also, the 2.8.0 stack really requires the
kernel changes, and we've tended to not want to update the kernel in
x-updates, to minimize regression risk.  However if someone would like
to work on doing an -intel 2.8.0 port, it's something we could
definitely considerX.

Bryce