ubuntu-x-swat team mailing list archive

Re: Bug after updating to new ATI driver

On Fri, Jul 02, 2010 at 10:10:41AM -0400, Jeremy Frank wrote:
> (I'm sorry if this isn't the right channel to report bugs, but there wasn't
> a link for reporting them on the Ubuntu-X Launchpad page)

It isn't the right channel.  Can you be more specific in what web page
you were expecting to see a link?  We should add it.

> I have an ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 512MB graphics card and I just added
> your PPA and updated my drivers. It allowed me to finally run games on Steam
> (thank you!) but I've noticed that when I run Prism, I get big black squares
> in my windows. Because these tend to stick to the prism window itself, and
> because they go away when I drag the window or hit a button, I've found them
> hard to capture in a screenshot but I did manage to get one that spread to
> my dock. I've attached that picture for you. Any idea of what I can do to
> fix this?

You mention that you've installed from a PPA but you didn't indicate
*WHICH* PPA you installed from.  xorg-edgers maybe?  If it was from
xorg-edgers, then you need to report the bug upstream, since xorg-edgers
is just raw packaging of snapshots of their development tree.

Also, assuming you are running xorg-edgers, if you're unaware of where
and how to report upstream bugs, perhaps xorg-edgers is a bit too
bleeding edge for you?  It is provided for upstream testing purposes
only, and not really intended to be used as an end-user solution.

Bryce