Re: [Question #74804]: ubuntu does NOT boot my computer

Question #74804 on ubuntu-docs in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubuntu-docs/+question/74804

Amalan is still having a problem:
I have a compatible computer.
I downloaded and installed *buntu and have a dual option on booting up, start with widows XP or Ubuntu.
Selecting Ubuntu results in a black screen with a cursor flashing in the top left corner of the screen.
No icons or anything else is visible except the flashing cursor. Typing on the keyboard has NO effect on the screen and the computer does not react to cntrl-alt-delete. it has to be switched off and switched on again

Video card is NVIDIA GeForce 9400GT
I am using a desktop ACPI Multiprocessor PC
Pentium (R) dual core CPU, E5200 @ 5.2GHz, 2.Gigs RAM.