Re: [Question #18190]: I have followed the instructions faithfully here - https://help.ubuntu.com/community/PrintersBrotherMfc420cn. Will not print. Print jobs show in the list and the printer never prints. I have had a Linux IT tech work on this and he can't get CUPS to print either.

PAUL FIELDER posted a new comment:
I've got exactly the same problem with a Canon printer in Jaunty.  How
did you remove and re-install CUPS ?