[Question #76253]: Error message in open office.

I am using Jaunty amd64 and open office 3.1.0 Build: 9399.  Any time I try to open any open office file I get the following message:

Error loading BASIC of document.
file:///home/mg/openoffice.org/3/user/basic/dialog.xlc/:
General Error.
General input/output error.

At the bottom of the message window there is a box marked ok.  When I click ok, the same message reappears.  When I click it a second time it disappears, and my open office session appears to proceed normally.

This issue came up suddenly about a week ago.  All was normal before that.  I can still open new and existing documents and can edit and save them, but I worry that some trouble might lie ahead.

Does anyone know how to get rid of this annoyance?