Re: [Question #76237]: ubuntu says the hard drive is full even though it is not

Question #76237 on nautilus in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+question/76237

Tom proposed the following answer:
lol, you're welcome.  Glad it's all sorted :)
Please ask separate questions as new questions so the "Solved Answers Database" doesn't get too confused and confusing.
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+addquestion

The next step is to get all your multimedia issues pretty much sorted in one step by working through the Medibuntu worksheet.  I chose non-free but haven't had to pay for any of it.  Not great ethics but it works more easily this way :)
https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Medibuntu
Maybe one day i will really free myself and go completely OpenSource but not today.

Try the top taskbar and click on

Applications - Accessories - Sound&Video - Brasero

it might take a couple of test runs.  I would advise getting a pack of
10 really cheap cds from tescos or something.  Most of the really good
options appear AFTER you press the burn button <sighs deeply> including
the multi-session and "Windows Compatibility" options.  I haven't really
tested how good this last option is and whether it really works.  A cd i
burned for someone didn't work but that was probably their poor hardware
and badly maintained Windows.  So really i would say test out a cd on
your own dual-boot into Windows :)

For the rest of the pack of ten i would highly recommend trying out the LiveCd sessions of a few other distros because it can be great fun.  My favourite is Wolvix Hunter 1.1.0
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=wolvix
because it's handy for fixing a few Windows problems and lets me carry a familiar OS in my bag so i don't get forced into using Windows too often ;) A lot of Windows fans seem to really like the looks of Puppy but i think antiX looks better and sliTaz is awesome on old machines, it's 30Mb!
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=slitaz
and then there are traditional Windows fixing distros such as SystemRescueCd and TrinityRescueKit
http://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=trinity
DistroWatch is a great place to find out about other linux distros, notice that Ubuntu is number 1 in their top 100 list! lol
http://distrowatch.com
People say that it's best to really get to grips with just one linux distro at first for maybe 6months but i think it's also good to explore others briefly while you're doing that and LiveCd is such a great way to have a quick try although some distros don't have that option on their installer cd

Anyway, welcome to linux-land, especially the Ubuntu corner :)
Regards from
Tom :)

Ps you might have another Ubuntu installed still within Windows, this guide might have hints on how to uninstall that one ;)
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/WubiGuide
it's in section 4 if you need it.