Re: [Question #76226]: Every time I boot the computer I have to reinstall printer

Question #76226 on cups in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/cups/+question/76226

guy holmes gave more information on the question:

When I type in:sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture pipslite_1.4.0-3_i386.deb, I get:
guy@linuxpc:~$ sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture pipslite_1.4.0-3_i386.deb
dpkg - warning, overriding problem because --force enabled:
 package architecture (i386) does not match system (amd64)
(Reading database ... 205082 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace pipslite 1.4.0-3 (using pipslite_1.4.0-3_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement pipslite ...
Setting up pipslite (1.4.0-3) ...
Install Message > Described entry of LITE in services.
Install Message > Backup file is /etc/services.bak.
Install Message > Start /usr/lib/pipslite/setup to change setup.
Install Message > Start /usr/bin/pipslite-install to make ppd file.

Processing triggers for libc6 ...
ldconfig deferred processing now taking place.

Once I have done that the printer works fine but forgets every time I
boot.

When I type in the command: piplite-install, I get the following: guy@linuxpc:~$ pipslite-install
enter your password
[sudo] password for guy:
/usr/lib/pipslite/pipslite-install: error while loading shared libraries: libltdl.so.3: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Is this of any help?