[Question #76382]: Track length unknown

New question #76382 on rhythmbox in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/rhythmbox/+question/76382

MP3's I play show unknown as track length, when I go to the track details, it shows 0:00 as track length and the bar that you should be able to use to scroll through the track stays at the left position.
I can play the same track in other players (like Amarok) without a problem, there it does show the track length.
Because of this the last.fm plugin doesn't work, because it doesn't know when 50% of the track has played.