Re: [Question #76349]: Unable to read "all" windows files

Tom proposed the following answer:
Nah, don't move them.  On a dual-boot machine it's often better to keep
your data on the Windows side because then both OS's should be able to
read/write it.  Windows can't see the Ubuntu side (although there is a
special app but i can't remember it's name).

So just to get this straight.  You can see and read some stuff on the
Vista but not all of it?  That really should be all easy to read.  Sorry
about that.  I'm not sure, have you hunted around inside all the
different folders?  I usually find it's in "default user" or something?
The nautilus file-browser might be easier if you click on it's "View"
menu and tick the "Side pane" then in the side-pane click on "Places"
and change that to "Tree"

It seems to be the same problem that you're having with the external
drive.  I hope you're not in a hurry for this because i do know the
answer (i think) but can't quite remember right now.

Apols and regards from
Tom :)