Re: [Question #76319]: Accessing Linux Drive in Windows XP, which has previously windows files

Tom proposed the following answer:
Ok, there's already a "brainstorming" idea about this
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/20480/
Please go right down to the bottom of the page and click on "Post your comment" if you wish to say anything in there.

Also there is a bug report saying the warning about using the whole disk should be larger and red
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/ubiquity/+bug/204053
Near the top right-hand corner click on the link "This bug doesn't affect me (change)" to change that to something better and feel free to add a comment at the bottom there too.

If the data was really valuable to you then try finding a computer company near you as soon as possible that might be able to help with this but it will probably cost you quite a bit.  I'm sorry
Regards from
Tom