[Question #76435]: Can't install or run epson 3490 scanner in Ubuntu 9.04

I ran the epson perfection scanning installation from the cd using WINE, however nothing happens. When I connect to the usb on the laptop, the green light on the scanner goes off, and i get the following error message:
Failed to open device 'snapscan:libusb:002:004':
 invalic argument.
Close

Has anyone any suggestions?

Thanks