Re: [Question #76318]: unable to put ubuntu on a tiny laptop amd athlon cpu with 704mb ram and 40gb hard disc

michael posted a new comment:
ram size is 693.9mb. processor mobile amd athlon(tm) xp-m 2200+ available disc space 31.5gb
i have run live cd's of puppy,knoppix,debian,ubuntu,linux mint, no problem it only happens when i try to do a full install and again only after shutting down and rebooting the day after. my other laptop has ubuntu on with windows running in a virtual box.because i am unable to get ubuntu on my desktop i have been running pendrive linux from a usb stick and ubuntu the same.