[Question #76466]: SCIM causes keyboard to become unresponsive

I've got the SCIM program installed on my ubuntu 9.04 and sometimes my keyboard will stop working when the program is running. This has happened when using 1. kile, 2. mozilla, 3. skype. Exiting SCIM will reactivate the keyboard. Does anybody know what is triggering this problem/ what I can do about it?