Re: [Question #76465]: Want to install a program not in the registry

actionparsnip proposed the following answer:
I can't see any additional infor to give...

Install java from repo or from java.com

then go to http://spaz.ca/cronometer/ and download the app

you then need to make a small script in
<something>/Contents/Resources/Java/ which will be in the folder you
extracted the file you downloaded, to. I have no way at all of knowing
the exact folder locations so you will have to apply fuzzy logic and
substitute <something> with te folder location of the data on your
system.

the script will read:

#!/bin/sh
java -cp cronometer.jar:jcommon-1.0.10.jar:jfreechart-1.0.6.jar:swingx-0.9.3.jar:cronometer.jar:usda_sr21.jar:crdb_003.jar:docs.jar ca.spaz.cron.CRONOMETER

Save the script as anything you like, something like    startcronometer.sh    is good, just don't have spaces

you will need to chmod +x it so that it is executable. In my example
this would be:

chmod +x  startcronometer.sh

(with your terminal in the pwd of <something>/Contents/Resources/Java/)

you can then run the script and the thing will run

I haven't done this. I am simply expanding on the instructions you have
pasted.