Re: [Question #76447]: 9.04, ethernet card not initializing properly sometimes?

george_rutkay is still having a problem:
"Can you please launch the command next time the adapter fails to work"

This will not be possible as I have already explained, my wife will not
be able to launch the command, she is computer illiterate and only uses
the computer for e-mail and web surfing.

So when this occurs (and it seems to occur when she uses it because I'm
already at work by the time she turns the computer on), she will not
understand what to do. She just turns the computer off and on and this
resolves the problem.

What would I do, skip work just to babysit this? I'm sure my boss would
not understand.

What I need to know is how to restore previous functionality at this
point. The software which was on the computer before the last update was
not a problem. How do I restore this?

Or must I just wipe the drive and reinstall the system?