[Question #76501]: driver install

New question #76501 on gnome-terminal in ubuntu:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/gnome-terminal/+question/76501

I'm trying to install the Nvidia drivers for my vid card but was having a lot of trouble getting it to run. I got it to run and thought I had it whooped. Wrong. now it comes up and says "nvidia installer : Error opening log file blah blah blah and something about having to run it as the root. can someone tell me what I'm doing wrong?