[Question #76529]: "Invalid format" errors on documents during installation

My aptitude-install runs lately always have a long list of errors of the following type:
Unpacking replacement libpoppler4 ...

Processing triggers for man-db ...

Processing triggers for doc-base ...

Processing 1 changed doc-base file(s)...

Invalid format PDF for xcdroast-manual (X-CD-Roast manual)

Invalid format text for lintian (Lintian User's Manual)

Invalid format postscript for libsane-dev (SANE Standard)

Invalid format pdf for pgf (User s Guide to the PGF Package, Version)

The packages supplying the "Invalid" format documents are so diverse, my SWAG is that the problem is in "doc-base" itself.

I should file a bug (or many).
Can someone advise whether I should file against doc-base, or against, e.g. xcdroast-manual, lintian, etc.

Even better, can someone say "Oh, yeah, that's bug#123456789!"