[Question #76551]: Sharing files between PC's with Ubuntu 9.04 & 8.10 Installed

I would like to share files between 2 computers using Ubuntu 9.04 & 8.10
I am not able to make it work, please give me some input on this

I have a small network at home with 3 computers, 2 are running Ubuntu 8.10 and 9.04 and 1 with windows Xp.
I have no problem accessing the files on the windows computer, but I'm having a hard time to access the computers running Ubuntu's.
When I go to Places and select Network, I can see the windows network but nothing for Ubuntu
How do I share files or folders between the two computers that are running Ubuntu's?
I just tried the following:
>From the file browser, I went to properties of the folder to share
& then choose the share tab, click on share this folder & click
on allow other people to write in this folder, then click on
Create Share
Received message: 'net usershare' returned error 255: net usershare: cannot open usershare directory /var/lib/samba/usershares. Error Permission denied

I checked my rights, I have write and deletes permission and I created this folder
Can anyone give me some input on this?
Thanks
Please note, although no boardcode and smiley buttons are shown, they are still useable

Thanks