Re: [Question #76465]: Want to install a program not in the registry

ponchik gave more information on the question:
Hi Marco,

Your instructions were fabulously clear right up to the part where you
say right click the desktop to create an icon -- then I don't know what
to do. Basically the last step that I need is to know how to launch the
thing.

I right-clicked the desktop and selected "Create Launcher." Then, in the
"Command" box I typed "$HOME/cronometer/cronometer" (also with .sh at
the end) and I got this error

Details: Failed to execute child process "$HOME/cronometer/cronometer"
(No such file or directory)

I also typed cronometer and cronometer.sh into the terminal and nothing.
did i miss some step?