Re: [Question #76549]: Cannot remove package vim, using purge or remove

Question #76549 on vim in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/vim/+question/76549

surfless gave more information on the question:
Oh thank you, that works perfectly.

$ sudo apt-get install vim
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
vim is already the newest version.
2 not fully installed or removed.
After this operation, 0B of additional disk space will be used.
Setting up vim (2:7.2.079-1ubuntu5) ...
Setting up vim-gnome (2:7.2.079-1ubuntu5) ...

excellent!

For my reference what does .postrm and .postinst contain?