Re: [Question #76535]: Deleted Network Manager from Panel

Question #76535 on network-manager in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/network-manager/+question/76535

Craig Mitchell is still having a problem:
Hi Bixejo

I ran the Terminal command and the Network Manager is listed in the GUI Window with the box ticked but logging out and back in again doesn't work.
I then tried to add a command to the panel by right clicking on the panel and clicking +Add then added a 'custom application loader' and filled in the details you gave above. When i clicked on the new icon in the panel i got a window that said 'Could not launch application. Failed to execute child process "nm-applet--sm-disable" (No such file or directory).
I also tried the same command with a space after the 'applet' i.e. nm-applet --sm-disable but then nothing at all happened.
How would you get the Network Manager to open up through a terminal command, it seems to me that i have managed to delete something which stops the network manager from appearing at all even though the computer thinks it is still there.
The whole problem stems from me deleting the icon from the panel so something important must have been deleted at the same time.

Craig