Re: [Question #76635]: open/save window problem in hardy

Question #76635 on linux in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.edge.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+question/76635

Michael Behman posted a new comment:
Well...As far as i understand, anything that uses Gnome's open/save, firefox-mplayer...a lot of other things, but with somethings like amsn or qucs ( i think) they work just fine cause they have their own open/save dialog boxes.
Anyway, i also noticed that if I run the program as root from the terminal, it doesn't have this problem so my guesses are that for my user it's looking for some directory that is not there or something like that.
I tried to find where it saves the place it first looks in by default by I couldn't find such a thing.
please correct me if my guesses don't make sense.