[Question #76643]: How do I add OpenDNS to Wireless Broadband connection?

1) Editing the connection from 'Automatic (PPP)' to 'Automatic (PPP) addresses only' & adding "208.67.222.222, 208.67.220.220" to 'DNS Servers:' did not work. That updates /etc/resolv.conf and does not touch /etc/ppp/resolv.conf, which is what a ppp connection uses. This is (most likely) a bug, but screw reporting it, they won't fix it.

2) Editing /etc/ppp/resolv.conf with "nameserver <IP>" lines for each OpenDNS server and then chmod'ing the file from 644 to 444 did not work. The pppd (or something) over-wrote it anyway and it was still read-only! Go figure - writing to a read-only file. Can we say security hazard?

3) Editing /etc/dhcp3/dhclient.conf with a prepend does not work. I guess pppd doesn't use this either.

4) Editing /etc/ppp/peers/provider won't work, as whatever network manager uses, it does not use that file. I know this because I commented out the usepeerdns option, but...

5) My pppd process has usepeerdns in it's options, even though I have told it to do addressing only and provided my own DNS servers via NM-applet. Yet another bug, or the reason for problem #1? Great!

This is absolutely ridiculous. It should not be this hard to set a DNS server!