From: Jeruvy <question76542@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Question #76542]: lost passwword in keepassx
To: c4mil@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Friday, July 10, 2009, 4:45 PM

Your question #76542 on keepassx in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/keepassx/+question/76542

Jeruvy proposed the following answer:
Ok, so let me see if I understand you correctly.

--  You click on the Keepassx icon via the Applications Menu, entered
your password and you get an error: "The following error occured while
opening database: Wrong Signature".?

The only way I can kind of reproduce this is by entering the 'wrong
password'.   But I get "The following eror occured while opening
 the
database: Decryption failed.  the key is wrong of the file is damaged"
I'm satisfied this is a valid response to an invalid password, but this
doesn't match your exact problem.

Are you using a key file along with a password?  If so the key file may
have been damaged.  I would consider restoring this from backup if you
are sure the password is good.  OR the database may have become corrupt,
again restoring from a backup would be the only solution.  You may want
to ask this from the keepassx developers directly via
http://www.keepassx.org/forum/. ; This was one link I found regarding
your problem http://www.keepassx.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1673 and
it was suggested to copy the database to another system and trying to
open it
 from there.  However the bad news is it looks like corruption
may be the issue here.

Good luck.

--
If this answers your question, please go to the following page to let us
know that it is solved:

If you still need help, you can reply to this email or go to the
following page to enter your feedback:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/keepassx/+question/76542

You received this question notification because you are a direct
subscriber of the question.