Re: [Question #76264]: Ubuntu 9.04 won't run

Question #76264 on xorg in ubuntu changed:
https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/xorg/+question/76264

Tom proposed the following answer:
Ahhh, thanks Ufuk :)  That sounds a good thing to try.  Yes, ubuntu has
a lot of programs included in all it's various versions and is a much
more fully featured distro.

Wolvix Hunter can be helpful in trouble-shooting and even in fixing
problems on linux or Windows machines *shrugs*  I wasn't suggesting
installing and using Wolvix instead of Ubuntu although it can be good to
do that before installing Ubuntu.  The Wolvix installer is an excellent
tutorial on "how-to" install a linux, particularly as a dual-boot.  It
gives an overview of the whole process all the way through so you can
really see what's going on and it's quite quick so it's easy to try a
couple of times to get used to it.  Wiping it and installing Ubuntu over
the top of that space is then quite easy.

I hope this helps clarify what i was saying before!
Thanks, good luck and regards from
Tom :)