Re: [Question #75329]: Printer not connectable after upgrade to 2.6.28-13-generic kernel

zasq is still having a problem:
Hello dear developers!

I have the impression that it is the alsa-Soundsystem that breaks the
usb-devices. Can you verify this, please? What happens is the following:
the usb-2.0 devices (printer, webcam, external hdd) do not work with the
alsa-version 1.0.20 installed with the 2.6.28-13-generic kernel. As soon
as I do a correct install of the proprietary alsa-driver-linuxant, all
usb-2.0 devices work well again - even though they are not necessarily
connected to the sound system. So, this is might also be connected with
the bug, that usb devices are not addressed correctly (error -110).
Would you say that this is possible?

I have a HDA ATI SB Soundcard with a Sigmatel STAC9200 chipset -
everything on a Dell Inspiron 1501.

You can find more information here:

1. A bug I reported regarding this question: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/393095
2. A question I asked regarding the soundcard: https://answers.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/alsa-driver/+question/76119
3. A bug deww filed regarding the soundsystem: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/linux/+bug/395012
3. An older bug regarding the error -110: https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/54273

I am also trying to reproduce this with some guys in a german speaking
ubuntu forum that can be found here: http://forum.ubuntuusers.de/topic
/drucker-ist-ggf-nicht-angeschlossen/#post-2058755.

If you need more information or think this should be discussed
elsewhere, please let me know.

Thanks in advance!