Re: [Question #75412]: How to connect to internet through BSNL's WLL?

Ahamed gave more information on the question:
Oh dude.. i finally knew some thing to solve my problem.. You must see this..
He is what i did...
Please make it popular among others removing any unwanteds, and ofcors me too.

STEP#1:
First of ALL press <ESC> while in GRUB when u switch on ur pc(Includes
LAPTOP too :D)...
Then Press 'e'(for edit) on the kernel u wish to boot...
Another window prompts...
Once again press 'e' onto which u need to boot.
By default, u will be at the end of the command, if not,
arrow down to the end of the line..
Then write after a space:
"usbserial.vendor=0x15eb usbserial.product=0x0001"
exactly as it is(no quotes).
Then press <ENTER> and 'b'(to boot).
STEP#2:
Thats is all in Booting..
You now entered into ur desktop..
open the terminal, and get into the root[type "sudo -i" and <ENTER>].
In that, Type "demsg -c" and <ENTER>.
A whole thing of lines will be shown..
In that, find this out:"
[ 3.785265] usbserial_generic 4-2:1.0: generic
converter detected
[ 3.785362] usb 4-2: generic converter now attached
to ttyUSB0]"
If u find, u succeeded...
Then you have to edit
"/etc/udev/rules.d/"
For this open terminal n
type
"gedit /etc/udev/rules.d/CDMA_50.rules"
and just copy and paste the following without quotes:
"
#CDMA 0001
SUBSYSTEM=="usb_device" ACTION=="add"
SYSFS{idVendor}=="15eb",SYSFS{idProduct}=="0001" \
SYSFS{bNumConfigurations}=="2" \
SYSFS{bConfigurationValue}=="1" \
RUN+="/bin/sh -c 'echo 2 > /sys%p/device/bConfigurationValue'""
And then save and exit the editor.
NOW STEP#2: Creating a Dial-up Connection and connecting to the Internet
for connecting you can use anything, I prefer wvdial.
and for this U hav to edit "/etc/ wvdial.conf"
Open terminal
Enter the command "gedit /etc/wvdial.conf"
In that Copy and Paste this without braces:
{
[Dialer BSNL]
Init1 = ATZ
Init2 = ATQ0 V1 E1 S0=0 &C1 &D2 +FCLASS=0
Init3 = at+crm=1;+cmux=1;+cps=33;+cta=0
Stupid Mode = 1
Modem Type = Analog
Modem
ISDN = 0
New PPPD=yes
Phone = #777
Modem = /dev/ttyUSB0
Dial Command = ATDT
Username = your username with areacode but no zero in front
Password = your password
Baud = 230400
Auto DNS
PPPD Options = crtcts multilink usepeerdns lock defaultroute
}
Now save it and close it...
Step#2:
And before you connect please add the IPs.
For this the nameserver IPs have to be entered in the file
/etc/resolv.conf.
Type in the terminal without quotes:
"gedit /etc/resolv.conf"
Copy the IPs displayed as primary and secondary DNS address displayed
when the modem gets connected, paste it into this file and save it. It
should be similar to this (the numbers would probably vary):
"nameserver 203.81.104.25
nameserver 203.81.105.3"
congratulations you have configured your net.
step#3:
To connect...
Type "wvdial BSNL" again as root.
Press Ctrl+c to disconnect.
But i dont know whether is it only for me or not that, each time before
booting, i must do the step #1!!!

Please reply..
There is a single problem before me to solve.. how can i permenently write to the kernel about my modem without editing it each time before booting from GRUB? Please reply.. All these days, i was finding solution for my problem. Thank you very much for helping me..